Constituent Services

As your Member of Parliament, Daniel's staff in Winnipeg are here to serve the residents of Elmwood-Transcona. Our team is available to help you navigate through and resolve issues with federal government departments, programs and services, including:

  • Canada Pension Plan & Employment Insurance
  • Citizenship & Immigration
  • Canada Revenue Agency
  • Community resources & links

If you are travelling to Ottawa and would like to see Daniel in action, please contact our House of Commons office at 613-995-6339 or by email at

Please note: in order for our staff to help you best, it is recommended to call ahead and they will advise you exactly which documents they will require in order to help resolve any problems.

Please also note: The constituency office may be able to provide referrals to community resources to assist you, but cannot assist directly with legal matters.

Government of Canada Programs and Services

If you are interested in looking up information on government programs and services, information can be found by dialing a toll-free information line at 1-800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232) TTY: 1-800-926-9105, clicking, or visiting a Service Canada Centre. Please check their website or call 1-800-O-Canada for a list of service centres near you.

Canada Revenue Agency

Please visit the Canada Revenue Agency website for general information.

Most Canada Revenue forms and tax credit applications are available online here.

Did you miss the income tax filing deadline? The deadline is April 30 for personal income taxes. Missing the tax deadline can have serious consequences. If you do not do your taxes/ late filing, benefits to which you may be entitled, such as the Child Tax Benefit or GST Rebate, will be affected. If you file late, our office can assist you, but cannot expedite the reinstatement of these benefits.

If you have other tax issues, such as Child Tax Benefit or Disability Tax Credit issues, contact the office for assistance.


Canada Pension Plan (CPP)

Please visit sections of the Social Development Canada website for detailed information about the Canada Pension Plan (CPP).

For information about general retirement benefits, please go here.

For information about CPP Disability eligibility and benefits, please go here.


Old Age Security Program (OAS)

The Old Age Security (OAS) program, the cornerstone of Canada’s retirement income system, provides you with a modest pension at age 65 if you have lived in Canada for at least 10 years. For detailed information, please visit the OAS website.


Employment Insurance

Employment Insurance (EI) provides temporary financial assistance for unemployed Canadians while they look for work or upgrade their skills. Canadians who are sick, pregnant or caring for a newborn or adopted child, as well as those who must care for a family member who is seriously ill with a signficant risk of death, may also be assisted by EI.

Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) is responsible for providing all Canadians with the tools they need to thrive and prosper in an inclusive labour market. Please visit their website.

You may also complete your EI reports online by going here.

If you are experiencing unusually long delays or difficulties in filing your EI claim, contact my office for assistance.


Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC)

For information about immigrating to Canada and visas for work, study and visiting, or to complete your applications to do so, please visit the CIC website.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada recieves tens of thousands of applications every year. Application processing times vary greatly depending on application class and location. We encourage constituents to consult current processing times before seeking an update on an application. Visit: Application Processing Times for information on estimated wait times.


Please note: My office cannot speed up the processing of an immigration application, nor obtain special updates on immigration files which are within normal processing times and standards. Constituents who have sponsored or made an immigration application can obtain their own status updates by utilizing the CIC Online Service at: Client Application Status, or by calling the national CIC Call Centre Service at: 1-888-242-2100.